The Honours Minor in Marketing may be combined with any approved non-business Honours program that offers a major/minor option in the Faculties of Environmental Studies, Health, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, Science, the School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design, or the Lassonde School Engineering. Students in (a) the BBA program, (b) the iBBA program, (c) the BCom program, and (d) the BA in Business Economics or Financial and Business Economics programs are ineligible to combine their studies with the Marketing Minor. For further details on requirements, refer to the listings for specific Honours programs that may be pursued jointly with other Faculties.
Note: in a major/minor program, a course may count only once toward major credit or minor credit.
Students prior to entering the marketing minor must have completed 30 University credits or the equivalent and attained a minimum cumulative grade point average of 5.00 in their home program at York. The completion of one 4U Math course prior to entering the marketing minor is recommended.
Minor credits: 30 credits including:
(i) Compulsory credits:
- AP/ADMS 1000 3.00 Introduction to Business;
- AP/ADMS 2200 3.00 Introductory Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 3210 3.00 Consumer Behaviour;
- AP/ADMS 3220 3.00 Applied Marketing Management;
- AP/ADMS 4250 3.00 Marketing Strategy;
- AP/ADMS 4260 3.00 Marketing Research I.
(ii) twelve additional credits chosen from:
- AP/ADMS 4200 3.00 Personal Selling and Sales Management;
- AP/ADMS 4210 3.00 International Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 4211 3.00 Live-Client Learning Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 4215 3.00 Business to Business Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 4225 3.00 Retailing Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 4230 3.00 Marketing Channels;
- AP/ADMS 4235 3.00 New Product Management;
- AP/ADMS 4240 3.00 Advertising and Communications;
- AP/ADMS 4245 3.00 Digital Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 4255 3.00 Customer Relationship Management;
- AP/ADMS 4265 3.00 Marketing Research II;
- AP/ADMS 4275 3.00 Services Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 4280 3.00 Non-Profit Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 4285 3.00 Brand Management;
- AP/ADMS 4286 3.00 Advanced Brand Management;
- AP/ADMS 4421 3.00 Qualitative Methods.
In order to enroll in AP/ADMS 4260 3.00, a required course in the Marketing Minor, students must have completed an introductory course in Statistics.
To graduate with a minor in marketing, students must satisfy Honours degree and program requirements including a minimum 5.00 grade point average in the minor.