Undergraduate Certificate is a term applied to a program of study attesting to a level of competence or skill in a particular area or field. It is distinct from a defined undergraduate degree program, stream, specialization of informal concentration. A certificate recognizes a specific grouping of courses that: are cross-disciplinary but with a thematic coherence; form a coherent yet distinctive complement to the major of a degree program or; lead to the acquisition of specific skills or professional expertise that may meet requirements of outside accrediting bodies.
We also offer a range of professional certificate programs:
- Professional Certificate in Accounting
- Professional Certificate in Canadian Business for Internationally Educated Professionals
- Professional Certificate in Emergency Management
- Professional Certificate in Financial Planning
- Professional Certificate in Health Services Financial Management
- Professional Certificate in Information Technology Auditing and Assurance
- Professional Certificate in Investment Management
- Professional Certificate in Logistics
- Professional Certificate in Management
- Professional Certificate in Marketing
Entry to a certificate program:
- Students seeking entry to a certificate only program, must submit an application for admission to the University.
- Students registered in an undergraduate degree program who wish to complete a certificate concurrently with their degree must apply for entry to a certificate program. Applications must be submitted to the academic unit offering the certificate program.
Note: Students must fulfill program requirements in effect at the time of entry to a certificate.
Graduating with a certificate:
- Students must apply to graduate from a certificate program. Application forms may also be found at My Student Records for current students.