The Honours BDEM program may be pursued jointly with approved Honours Minor degree programs in the Faculty of Environmental Studies, the Faculty of Health, the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, the Faculty of Science, the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design, or the Lassonde School of Engineering. For further details on requirements, refer to the listings for specific Honours programs that may be pursued jointly with other Faculties. Students wishing to combine a major in disaster and emergency management with a minor in another discipline or field of study must follow the requirements below. (This Honours option does not include a stream.)
- In a major/minor program, a course may count only once toward major credit or minor credit.
- Students are required to have completed one 4U mathematics (MDM4U Mathematics of Data Management or MHF4U Advanced Functions) or equivalent prior to entry to the program.
Major credits: 57 credits including:
- 39 core credits:
- AP/ADMS 1000 3.00;
- AP/DEMS 1701 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 1701 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 2700 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 2700 3.00);
- AP/ADMS 2320 3.00;
- AP/ADMS 2400 3.00 or AP/ADMS 2600 3.00 (prerequisite for AP/HRM 3440 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3701 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3701 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3702 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3702 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3703 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3703 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3704 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3704 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3707 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3707 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 4721 3.00;
- LE/ESSE 1410 6.00.
- at least 12 additional DEMS credits as listed in item (I) of the Appendix - Course Categories.
- to complete the credits in the major students must select up to 6 credits from Non-DEMS courses as listed in item (II) of the Appendix - Course Categories.
Note: at least 12 credits in the major must be at the 4000 level.
Upper-level credits: at least 36 credits at the 3000 or 4000 level, including at least 18 credits at the 4000 level.