The Honours Minor program described may be combined with any approved non-business Honours program that offers a major/minor option in the Faculties of Environmental Studies, Health, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, Science or the Lassonde School of Engineering. For further details on requirements, refer to the listings for specific Honours programs that may be pursued jointly with other Faculties. The School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design will consider approving major/business Honours minor combinations on an individual case basis. Students in the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design should contact their home Faculty for more information.
Note: in a major/minor program, a course may count only once toward major credit or minor credit.
Students prior to entering the business minor are required to have completed one 4U mathematics or the equivalent and students must have completed 30 University credits or the equivalent and attained a minimum cumulative grade point average of 5.00 in their home program at York.
Minor credits: 30 credits including:
- AP/ADMS 1010 3.00 Exploring the Functions of Business;
- AP/ADMS 1500 3.00 An Introduction to Accounting;
- AP/ADMS 2200 3.00 Introductory Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 2310 3.00 Business Statistics through Applications or AP/ADMS 2320 3.00 Quantitative Methods I;
- AP/ADMS 2400 3.00 Introduction to Organizational Behaviour;
- AP/ADMS 2541 3.00 Introduction to Personal Finance;
- AP/ADMS 3920 3.00 New Venture & Small Business Management;
- three additional credits in AP/ADMS at any level or AP/ECON 1900 3.00;
- three additional credits in AP/ADMS at the 3000 level;
- three additional credits in AP/ADMS at the 4000 level.
To graduate with a minor in business, students must satisfy Honours degree and program requirements including a minimum 5.00 grade point average in the minor.
Note: 18 credits at the 4000 level are required to complete an honours bachelor's degree