Note: students are required to have completed one 4U mathematics (MDM4U Mathematics of Data Management or MHF4U Advanced Functions) or equivalent prior to entry to the program. Students transferring into the program must have a minimum grade point average of 5.00.
Note: Students are recommended to consider, when choosing their 21 general education credits, the following course: AP/HIST 1777 6.00 Disasters and History: Humans and Nature make Disasters.
Residency requirement: a minimum of 30 course credits and at least half (50 per cent) of the course credits required in each undergraduate degree program major/minor must be taken at York University.
Graduation requirement: students must successfully complete the required 120 credits with a minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 5.00 and a major grade point average of 5.50.
General education: a minimum of 21 general education credits as follows:
- 6.00 credits in natural science (NATS)
- a 9.00 credit approved general education course in the social science or humanities categories
- a 6.00 credit approved general education course in the opposite category to the 9.00 credit course in social science or humanities already taken
Major credits: 66 credits in total including:
- 39 core credits:
- AP/ADMS 1000 3.00;
- AP/DEMS 1701 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 1701 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 2700 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 2700 3.00);
- AP/ADMS 2320 3.00;
- AP/ADMS 2400 3.00 or AP/ADMS 2600 3.00 (prerequisite for AP/HRM 3440 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3701 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3701 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3702 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3702 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3703 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3703 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3704 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3704 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 3707 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3707 3.00);
- AP/DEMS 4721 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 4721 3.00);
- LE/ESSE 1410 6.00.
- at least 15 additional DEMS credits as listed in item (I) of the Appendix - Course Categories.
- to complete the credits in the major students must select up to 12 credits from Non-DEMS courses as listed in item (II) of the Appendix - Course Categories.
Note: at least 12 credits in the major must be completed at the 4000 level.
Upper-level credits: at least 36 credits at the 3000 or 4000 level, including at least 18 credits at the 4000 level.
Credits outside the major: 18 credits.