Note: students are required to have completed one 4U mathematics (MDM4U Mathematics of Data Management or MHF4U Advanced Functions) or equivalent prior to entry to the program. Students transferring into the program must have a minimum grade point average of 5.00.
Residency requirement: a minimum of 30 course credits and at least half (50 per cent) of the course credits required in each undergraduate degree program major/minor must be taken at York University.
Graduation requirement: students must successfully complete the required 90 credits with a minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 5.00 and a major grade point average of 5.00.
General education: a minimum of 21 general education credits as follows:
- 6.00 credits in natural science (NATS)
- a 9.00 credit approved general education course in the social science or humanities categories
- a 6.00 credit approved general education course in the opposite category to the 9.00 credit course in social science or humanities already taken
Major credits: 33 credits including:
- AP/ADMS 1000 3.00 Introduction to Business;
- AP/ADMS 2400 3.00 Introduction to Organizational Behaviour;
- AP/DEMS 2700 3.00 Fundamentals of Emergency Management;
- AP/DEMS 3701 3.00 Disaster Risk Management;
- AP/DEMS 3702 3.00 Comprehensive Emergency Management;
- AP/DEMS 3703 3.00 Business Continuity Planning;
- AP/DEMS 3704 3.00 Emergency Management Communications;
- AP/DEMS 3707 3.00 Ethics and Disasters;
- LE/ESSE 1410 6.00 Natural, Technological and Human-induced Disasters.
Three additional credits from the following:
- AP/DEMS 3705 3.00 Emergency Management: Field Experience;
- AP/DEMS 3706 3.00 Disasters and Humans;
- AP/DEMS 3708 3.00 Social Issues in Disaster Management;
- AP/GEOG 3340 3.00 Geoinformatics: GIS I (cross-listed to: SC/GEOG 3340 3.00);
- AP/HRM 3440 3.00 Leadership and Management Skills (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3440 3.00);
- AP/POLS 3195 3.00 Multilevel Governance, Policy and Program Delivery in Canada (cross-listed to: AP/HREQ 3140 3.00, AP/PPAS 3140 3.00);
- ES/ENVS 3450 3.00; Environment and Health: Social and Political Dimensions;
- LE/ESSE 3300 3.00 Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Spatial Analysis.
Note: at least 12 credits in the major must be at the 3000 level or above.
Upper-level credits: at least 18 credits must be at the 3000 or 4000 level.
Credits outside the major: 18 credits.