Students prior to entering the BCom are required to have completed 4U mathematics, MHF4U (Advanced Functions) or the equivalent.
Residency requirement: a minimum of 30 course credits and at least half (50 per cent) of the course credits required in each undergraduate degree program major/minor must be taken at York University.
Graduation requirement: students must successfully complete (pass) at least 90 credits which meet the Faculty’s degree and program requirements. The cumulative grade point average for must be at least 5.00 and the major grade point average 5.00.
General education: a minimum of 21 General Education credits as follows:
- 6.00 credits in Natural Science (NATS)
- A 9.00 credit approved general education course in the social science or humanities categories
- A 6.00 credit approved general education course in the opposite category to the 9.00 credit course in social science or humanities already taken
Major credits: 51 credits including:
(i) Required core courses: 42 credits including:
- AP/ADMS 1000 3.00 Introduction to Business;
- AP/ADMS 1010 3.00 Exploring the Functions of Business;
- AP/ECON 1000 3.00 Introduction to Microeconomics;
- AP/ECON 1010 3.00 Introduction to Macroeconomics;
- AP/ADMS 2200 3.00 Introductory Marketing;
- AP/ADMS 2320 3.00 Quantitative Methods I;
- AP/ADMS 2400 3.00 Introduction to Organizational Behaviour;
- AP/ADMS 2500 3.00 Introduction to Financial Accounting;
- AP/ADMS 2510 3.00 Introduction to Management Accounting;
- AP/ADMS 2511 3.00 Management Information Systems;
- AP/ADMS 2610 3.00 Elements of Law: Part One;
- AP/ADMS 3330 3.00 Quantitative Methods II;
- AP/ADMS 3530 3.00 Finance;
- AP/ADMS 3900 3.00 The Practice of General Management or AP/ADMS 3920 3.00 New Venture & Small Business Management;
(ii) 9 additional credits from AP/ADMS 3000 or 4000 level courses.
Upper-level credits: at least 18 credits at the 3000 or 4000 level.
Credits outside the major: at least 18 credits.